In today’s world, people try to spread a lot of information just for their benefit. Sometimes they may turn out to be true but many times, it is unscientific and false which we need to be aware of. The same goes with the shower water information and the importance of filtration. So, here in this article, we are going to give you more information on the myths & facts about tap water and its effects on your skin, hair, and health.
Shower filtration is said to be very important nowadays due to the impurities present in your water. It is a water filtration system that removes chlorine or any other harmful bacteria from the water, just like the drinking water filter does. As we all know how harmful chlorine is to your skin, hair, and your overall health. It can lead to dryness and irritation and many other dangerous health-related problems.
You can check for the best shower water filters on the site of WaterFilterPortal.com. This has a list of shower filter companies along with detailed information on how to use them and which one is better.
Myths And Facts
- Many blogs and websites have claimed that chlorine can be absorbed into your skin while showering. But this is mostly false. Here is something that is said by the Department of Community Health in Michigan. They say that the skin does not absorb chlorine, but a small amount of chlorine can pass through your skin when it is exposed to it in the form of gas, water, or soil. Even if this small amount enters your body, it is eliminated immediately.
- Chloroform is one of the THM that can enter your body through showering in the chlorinated hot water. There is news that is being reported by researchers that around 2.7 ppb of chloroform is found in the participants after their 10-minute shower. This is much greater than even drinking 8 glasses of water. This can increase the risk of bladder cancer.
- Chlorine water can lead to hair loss. This is not true. As per the study done on swimmers, it was seen that though the swimmer had signs like dryness and coarseness they had significantly no hair loss. But a high exposure to chlorine can lead to the scalp getting agitated and dry.
- KDF shower filters remove all chlorine. This is true as it can remove chlorine that is not combined with another constituent in water under heavy pressure. Especially those carbon filters are of no use as they do not work when the water is warm and is under higher pressure. It can even get clogged very quickly. Many even claim that vitamin c can remove chlorine, but many types of research have shown that vitamin C can work better only in the bathtub where it has sufficient time to mix.
- Many even claim shower filters can last for 12 months or more, but this is not true. Based on your 10-minute shower they can last for a maximum of 3-6 months.
To conclude, shower filters are good, but you need to check their reviews before buying.